April 14, 2010

Mailbox Mavensssss

Ohhhhh heyyyyy lovelies! :) Soooo... it's another Mailbox Mavens post for you! The Mavens have been doing such a fabulous job styling up all of the awesome pieces that are making their way around the country! Soooo excited to see more!! :) Sooooo.... here's how I restyled a piece from Tabitha of the Fashion Therapist! Amy from the Bargain Hunter Extraordinaire got it first, and then she passed it along to me! Here are the ways those 2 lovely ladies styled this super cool tunic! It's got such awesome rosette-like detailing around the neck!!

Tabitha's take!


Tabitha's challenge to Amy was to style it as an actual tunic.... I think she did a great job! Super cute on both looks!!

Amy's take!


Amy's challenge to me was to try and style it as something completely different then what it's meant for.... i.e. a scarf, etc. Soooooooo here's my take on it! It was pretty tough to do, but I think overall it worked out! In the pics, I don't have it kinda clipped up behind me yet so it's a little gappy.... But what do you think? Does it work as a scarf/neck embellishment lol?






Outfit Deets:
Sweater - F21 $7ish
Tunic/Scarf - Mailbox Maven Tabitha's
Pants - F21 $7ish
Shoes - Shoe Dazzle $39

P.s Check out Meg's recent Mavens post too! Keep up with all of the Mavens as we style more pieces in the upcoming weeks!

P.p.s Sorry for the super TIRED/craptastic look that I have on my face.... Allergies are kickin' my butt!!!

Ciao bellasssssssssssssssss <3

31 comments:

Tabitha said...

AMAZING!!!!! And so clever. I love the way this turned out!

Elaine said...

Love it layered like that!

clothed much, a modest fashion blog

Kayla Rochelle said...

I love this look! I actually have the same tunic, and you my dear have just oppened up the possibilities for me!

www.sequinissues.blogspot.com

Robyn said...

Challenge indeed! You work that tunic as a scarf though.

C said...

Oh my gosh, I think it ROCKS as a neckline embellishment! This looks fab-u-lous!

p.s. I just sent out the Lux dress today!

Christen said...

I love reading the Mailbox Mavens posts! All three of you look FABULOUS in this piece!

E said...

You all had such different and creative takes on this top! I love your use of the stripes!

Anonymous said...

OMG, girl!! This was a PERFECT interpretation of my challenge... AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING!!!

xoxo
Amy

AsianCajuns (Cath) said...

Nicely done! I love the unexpectedness of the outfit.

Mariel Torres said...

i specially love the second outfit. very nice :)

Allison said...

I think it TOTALLY worked out for you! I don't think I'd have the guts to try something so tricky, but you pulled it off! I just love the whole idea of this post. :D

Kyla said...

Wow, it really does work! Well played!

Secondhand Stella said...

I think it def works as a scarf! Great job!

Jessica said...

Fun post! I love to see the different ways people style an item.

Sonya said...

I love the embellishments on that top!

www.sonyasark.blogspot.com

ZANAH said...

Love the stripes luv ♥

Mon Mode Blog

Unknown said...

This looks like so much fun! I should organise something like this in my country :)

PS. Much admiration all the way from India :)

Nicole Jarecz said...

i love all of the looks - i can't decide which one i like best!

Kelly Leigh said...

what a fun idea! I think you did well. Cute blog :)

LA said...

YEAH!

Great idea!
You're fabulous!








LA

Unknown said...

love the skirt in the first pic xxxx

Jade-Lowbrow Style said...

look at all you fab ladies! I am styling a Maven's outfit day, so keep your eye out :)

Anonymous said...

wow the first style is really georgeous:)

veronika, tick tock vintage. said...

lovely! if you're ever looking for another mailbox maven, i'd love to join :)

veronika
http://ticktockvintage.blogspot.com

Marcella said...

Gorgeous, tan shoes are perfect for this look!

Jesa said...

So perfect :)

Always love stopping by to see what new an fabulous things your doing!

Cheers, Jesa

WendyB said...

Liking those cropped pants!

Amanda said...

I love your style, I have a blog about fashion too.

http://thickthighfashion.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

wow, that's really cool. it looked good to all of you!

xx,
betz
http://herarmoire.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Where are you??? I hope everything is okay!

kanishk said...

I love the way this turned out!
indian classified site